Welcome to our post of how to download Kodi for iPhone without Jailbreak (Install). This post is dedicated to our iOS friends. We don’t want our iOS users to feel left out now, do we? So we have created this whole article with the iOS users in mind.
In this post, we will see the entire method of installing Kodi for iPhone without jailbreak. You would be lying if you say that you haven’t heard about Kodi. Because if you hadn’t, you wouldn’t be here reading this article right here. So, let’s get on with it without any further ado.
First, let’s take a quick look at the guide of the much-discussed app of Kodi on iPhone. First I have explained the method to get Kodi iOS app (No Jailbreak) method and in the other section, I have provided the guide to install Kodi on iPad, iOS or iPhone with jailbreak.
Download Kodi for iPhone without jailbreak
Now, we will see the steps for downloading the app on your iPhone. Note that the beauty if this method lies in the fact that you don’t need to jailbreak your iOS device.
Below is the step-by-step guide that you need to follow to install Kodi iOS on your iPhone. I should let you know that while this method is not particularly easy, it is not also difficult. But you will have to pay close attention to the methods to get the job done.
Before we move on to the steps, you will need to have a couple things for this method.
- A Mac PC running on Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- iOS app signer
- Xcode 7
- A USB Type-C cable
- Kodi .deb file
After you’ve made sire that you have the above-mentioned things, you can move forward. Let’s begin the process of downloading and installing Kodi for iPhone.
Note: All the necessary download files can be found here.
- First of all, connect your iPhone to your Mac via the Type-C cable.
- Then open Xcode and create a new iOS project. Then go to iOS > Application > single view application. Then, click on next.
- In the consequent window, type in a Product name and a unique identifier. Then click “Next” and “Create”.
- After you create the project, Xcode will show you a warning about an issue. Click “Fix issue” to resolve it.
- This will require you to sign in to your free Apple developer account. If you don’t have one, you can create one pretty easily.
- The next step requires you to select your team. Under the team drop down menu, select your Apple ID.
- Minimize Xcode and open the iOS app signer. In the signing certificate field, select your free developer account.
- Browse and select the Kodi.deb file that you have downloaded.
- In the provisional profile field, select the newly created Xcode project in the above steps and then click on start followed by save the save the IPA file.
- Go back to Xcode, click on Windows and select Kodi iPhone. After that hit the + sign and choose the IPA file generated in the previous steps and click open.
- The IPA file will be deployed to your iPhone and there will be an icon of Kodi on your iPhone’s home screen.
Voila! You can now use Kodi for iPhone just as easily as you could on any other device. The steps aren’t that simple, but they will get the job done, without any hassles.
Features of Kodi for iPhone
Kodi is an amazing free media streaming software that allows you to stream media from your local and network storage. In addition, if you have an internet connection and by that I mean a fast and stable one, you can also stream movies and TV shows from online sources.
Wanna look at all the features that make this app so amazing? We have all the mind-blowing features of Kodi for iPhone in the below list.
- Stream media from your local or network storage.
- You can download tons of add-ons that are available inside Kodi iOS and watch media content from the various online sources.
- Bored with the default look of Kodi iOS? Don’t worry because you can heavily customize the app with the help of hundreds of cool skins available.
- It can play all of the video formats that you can probably think of and then some more. You can even play physical media like CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray discs.
- It allows you to listen to your favorite tracks either from your saved files or from online sources by using add-ons.
- Another great feature of Kodi for iPhone is that it even lets you view your pictures through a beautiful yet immersive interface.
After reading these awesome features, I am sure that you will want to install this on your iPhone. Read our following part to know how to get Kodi on iPhone with jailbreak.
Download Kodi for iPhone with jailbreak
Now, we will have a discussion on how to get Kodi on iPhone with Jailbreak.Now, most of you people must have heard about the Kodi App and you clearly would have heard about its awesome features.
Keeping aside the downloading part for a while, let’s talk about what the app is all about. Kodi for iPhone is a free and open source media streaming software that lets you watch media content lie movies and TV shows. You can watch or stream media either your local or network storage.
Now, we’ll move on to the main part of downloading the app on your iPhone. Here, you must pay close attention to the steps or you won’t be able to comprehend what is happening.
Almost all of the iOS users will know what jailbreak means. Even if you don’t know, you might have at least heard your friends talking about jailbreaking your device. Now, what does jailbreak mean? It is the process which removes the software restrictions imposed by Apple. This needed to install apps that are not are usually found on the iTunes store.
Now, as we have already mentioned in the title of this post as well as this specific section, you will need to jailbreak your iPhone for this method to work. Here is how you can download and install Kodi for iPhone with jailbreak.
- If you have a jailbreak iPhone, then chances are that you have the Cydia app on your iPhone. If you don’t have it, get it from http://www.cydiaios7.com, Open this link and you can easily download Cydia.
- After installing it, launch the app and tap on “Sources”. Then go to edit and click on “Add”.
- Type this in the blank field: http://mirrors.kodi.tv./apt/ios.
- On the resulting screen, click on team Kodi.
- After that click on “All packages”.
- Then in the next step, select “Kodi iOS” and click on “Install”.
- This will install Kodi iOS and you will be able to use the app on your iPhone.
After you have completed these steps, exit Cydia and look for the app’s icon on your home screen. Tap on the icon to start the fun and entertainment. So, this was the easy method to get Kodi for iPhone with jailbreak. You just gotta follow the steps and you can watch all the movies and TV shows as long as you want.
Features of Kodi iOS App:
Now that we have taught you the method to download Kodi for iOS, it’s time to have a quick look at all the cool features of the app.We will list out all the features of the app in a brief manner so that you get a good idea of what the app can do and at the same time, it also doesn’t spoil the fun of using Kodi iOS for first time.
- Playing videos and music is a cakewalk for Kodi. It can play tons of video formats that are available out there. Kodi can also play all the audio formats that you can probably think and then some.
- It uses a 10-foot interface so that it can also be used with television sets and remote controls.
- You can stream movies and TV shows from your local and network storage. You make use of the add-ons that are available in the app itself by downloading them and stream media from various internet sources.
- You can also minimally or drastically change the appearance of the app via the various skins that you can download easily.
So, these were some of the awesome features that the app provides its users with. There are other features also but these are the ones that you need to understand to get started with the app. We will let you find all the other features by yourself by using the app.
I think that you enjoyed this guide on how to get Kodi for iPhone Download with and without Jailbreak. This guide on Kodi iOS Download is easy to follow.
android app link.